While a supportive relationship can be extremely beneficial, in and of itself, I also want you to feel like you are getting something out of the work that you can take away with you.
Some people come to therapy to focus on one particular problem, and others come and go, as is needed. Regardless of duration, my aim is to enable you to feel more in control of your life and your mood states and, as a result, better able to pursue your life goals.
Towards this end, I believe that some of the benefits of therapy include the increased ability to feel:
- Better in control of your moods and feelings
- More in touch with your authentic self
- Less constrained by old patterns of behavior and relating
- Better able to set and achieve goals
- Freed from past hurts and grief
- Able to experience yourself in different ways